Hancock Gallery takes the privacy of our users very seriously. We ensure that any personal details stored with us are securely held and will not be passed on to any third parties. We will only use your information to share details of our events, exhibitions, products, or special offers that we feel may be of interest to you.
Personal information we collect:
- Your name.
- Your contact information, which may include your email address, telephone number, or mailing address details.
- Your IP address, your type of browser, and language.
- Information related to your attendance of any Hancock Gallery events or exhibitions.
- Information that you give to us in person by filling in forms, or via our website. This may be through signing up to our newsletter, contact us section, or online shop.
- Information which may relate to your purchase of artwork from the gallery or the online shop, or any other service we may have agreed with you.
How we collect your information:
- Through information you may give us relating to a purchase you make with us via our gallery or online store.
- Via online enquiries, telephone enquiries, email enquiries, or postal inquiries.
- Though any forms you may have filled in from our website. This may include a contact us form or newsletter sign up form.
- Any verbal information that you have given us with your express permission that we may store or use it - e.g. signing up to our newsletter.
How we use the information we store:
- Provide you with information about our gallery, events, products, exhibitions, or any other relevant information that may be of interest to you.
- Keep you up to date with any upcoming gallery events, exhibitions, artists, products, or other new information that may be of interest to you.
- For direct communication with you.
- For security and to verify your identity.
- For internal operations on our website, including data analysis, testing, research, troubleshooting, statistical and survey purposes.
We are responsible for keeping our website and your personal data safe and secure. We are also responsible for complying with all legal and regulatory obligations, and we promise to remain transparent with you regarding any personal information we may collect from you and how we may use it.
You do not need to disclose any personal information to use the main areas of our website. If you wish to book an appointment to the gallery, book tickets to an event, purchase from our online store, or sign up to our newsletter, we will require some personal information from you.
We may disclose your information if we are asked to do so by the police or any other Government or regulatory body which may be investigating any illegal activities.
How long your information is stored:
We will only keep the information you submit to us for as long as required to carry out the purposes set out above, or in order to comply with any legal obligations we are subject to. This may also involve us reviewing our files periodically to ensure that all information held is up-to-date and accurate.
If you opt out from marketing communications, your details will be removed from our system to the best of our ability.
Our Mailing List
When you sign up to receive our monthly newsletter, we will ask you to submit the following personal information:
- Your first name
- Your last name
- Your email address
We will use this information to send you updates and other information regarding the gallery, exhibitions, events and any other related information that may be of interest to you. You will not receive any marketing communications from us unless you have given explicit consent.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time and we will cease to send you any further communications.
GDPR and Your Rights
Hancock Gallery is GDPR compliant and as such you have the following rights regarding your personal data that is stored with Hancock Gallery:
- The right to be informed: you have the right to know what data has been collected, how Hancock Gallery uses it, how long we keep it, and whether or not it will be shared with third parties.
- The right of access: all users of Hancock Gallery have the right to request a copy of the data we have collected from you.
- The right of rectification: you have the right to correct any data that we hold that may be incomplete or inaccurate.
- The right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances, you may ask for the data we hold to be erased from our records.
- The right of portability: you have the right to request that Hancock Gallery transfers any data that we hold about you to another company.
- The right to restrict processing: you can request that Hancock Gallery limits the way it uses your personal data.
- The right to object: you have the right to challenge certain types of processing, for example direct marketing.
- The right to automated decision making including profiling: you are free to request a review of automated processing if you believe Hancock Gallery has failed to follow the rules.